AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

IMPORTANT FEATURE REQUEST OR STOP GIVING COUPONS AWAY

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Google AdWords team,

we are a PPC agency and created a new account in our MCC, for a new client. The account was suspended almost before starting. Because it was a new client, we didn't know his history nor the history of his URL. 

Therefore we have a important feature request: URL's eligibility tester to run ads on AdWords.

We have now the second case / client in last few months.  
We are an agency that is charging a percentage of the expenditure. If an URL is not eligible to run ads, we can not charge our time and efforts. Because there is a lot of work involved in the account creation process, it's not chargeable. 
Google gives away a lot of coupons, and has also a responsibility to control the misuse. Agencies can not know the history of a client's URL and are directly affected by coupon misuse in the past. As Google is controlling and restricting the misuse of coupons (finally), there should be a online tool to check an URL's eligibility to run ads.
Honest agencies are victims of coupon misuse in the past, and very often the client doesn't know his previous agency had pushed him over the edge of coupon misuse or policy violation.

WE NEVER SELL OR BUY COUPONS, but are also victims of bad agencies from clients history!!!!

Either stop giving coupons away (except over agencies and control their behavior) or give us a tool to avoid hours of useless work.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: IMPORTANT FEATURE REQUEST OR STOP GIVING COUPONS AWAY

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@mvarga

This is a good point you are raising.

I inquire, as a routine procedure,  the client, before  acquiring the account / link to my MCC, about the client's past records / history with Google, and have the client sign that no past suspension, as well as no other (AdWords) accounts of a given business. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: IMPORTANT FEATURE REQUEST OR STOP GIVING COUPONS AWAY

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks @MosheTLV

we do that also, but client's often have no idea what is going on in their accounts. I know this should be also their responsibility, but either lack of knowledge or time is preventing them to get more involved with their accounts.
Anyway, thanks for your comment and suggestion. An URL eligibility check would help out here.