AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I want to run campaign for the PET FOODs like dog,bird,cat .

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I want to run campaign for the PET FOODs like dog,bird,cat .I dont know about advertisement policies about these products as I searched Google's Ads policy there was no any particular criteria about Pet foods.

Can I run these Ads or Should I check before running them .

Amol

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I want to run campaign for the PET FOODs like dog,bird,cat .

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 

I dont think there is any restriction policy about pet food, but there are some about pet pharmacies. So make sure you dont fall under Pet Pharmacies and you should be okay

for details about Pet Pharmacies check 

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nik,

There are only food category and that too i am running a generic campagins not a specific brand campaigns ,but i will be going to use words like dog food ,cat food so thats why I was curious about that using words like dog,cat ,bird may cause disaprovals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Should I write mail to Google Adword team about these categoris ,regarding launching these campaigns for DOG food

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello amolpomane,

theniks is correct about there being no restriction for pet food providing your don't advertise on specific trademarked brands. If you are going to be using generic terms such as "dog food" then you'll be able to run ads with no problem.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you tried to search the competition of your keywords in Google? In that way, you will have a preview of the live ads battling to be on the first page. 

The Help Center does not mention any restriction for selling pet foods.

You may research about long tail keywords as well to discover your niche market.

HAVE  A JUICY CAMPAIGN!

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yaaaaaaaaaaaa thats true my freind

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.