AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I want to make sure I'm not violating any Google policies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our ad:

Create A Email Account
Live Agent Help in 5 Mins or Less!
Fast, Easy, Friendly Email Support
stressfreepc.net/Create_Email

Our Landing Page:

http://stressfreepc.net/SEM/Adwords/Create_Email/Create_Email.html

Our Entire Site:

http://stressfreepc.net

I want in ensure we have followed Google policies.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I want to make sure I'm not violating any Google policies.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

This site falls under the category of "tech support"

Here is Google's official reply, when these type of sites are checked for compliance:

>>>"We have longstanding policies against ads, websites, and businesses that appear to be generally deceptive or misleading to our users. The primary concern of this space is our user’s safety. Per the User Safety Policy, we do not allow businesses that we feel may pose a harm to our users.

We take many factors into consideration when assessing User Safety compliance. Our review is extensive and we cover a number of areas to ensure we are reaching an accurate conclusion. In many cases these issues are not fixable, as the fundamentals of the business itself is the primary concern. As always, you can contact support via email or submit a suspension appeal."

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the response.

This is why I've made this post. I want to see if there is anything that anyone here on this discussion board might see that could potentially hurt my compliance. I've read the User Safety Policy through and through again and I can not seem to see any reason as to what could be out of compliance but sometimes a second eye can help.

Most of the competition in this industry seems much more "deceptive or misleading" then us. Were straight up. We state our exact process before they even give us there information. I think this may be an issue of politics, and that is fine because this is there own business, but it would be nice if they would just tell us that.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Are you having an approval problem? If so, what is the reason you are given?

As it stands, your display URL does have an issue:

stressfreepc.net/Create_Email

stressfreepc.net/Create-Email

You need a privacy policy, functional navigation (back/home button). The main site looks much more "compliant" in those regards than what you're using for a landing page/destination URL.
Tom

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@tomhalejr ;

The issue here is with the business model. Run a search on the community for "tech support suspension".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

TCC_4-23-14.jpg

Tom

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

My answer still stands!. Carefully read Google's official reply.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
What official reply?
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the advice Tom! We do have a Privacy Policy on the landing page.. Just below the form. I didn't see in the User Safety Policy where it stated I needed a Navigation and as far as the back button I thought it ment that if the customer were to use the browser back button then it should be a one time click to exit the page(no pop ups, or other non sense trying to encourage the customer not to leave) but that might definitely be part of the problem!

@MosheTLV - If this is something with the "business model" then I don't understand why some advertisers are considered compliant. There are over 30 companies running the same tech support business model with Adwords that are not having problems. The problem is, I don't understand what it is they are doing better then us to be approved. The only conclusion I can come up with is politics, which like I said earlier, is fine. I just wish they would come out and tell me that's what it is. It's deceiving on Adwords part to mislead me and others into thinking it is something we have done wrong by not following the policies.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@tomhalejr ; my initial reply is Google's official answer about "tech support services" advertising on Google.