AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I see a flaw in the new Adwords Ad Customizer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried implementing the new ad customizer and I'm seeing a major flaw in the workflow (well at least for my workflow). For me, combing through the search query report and finding new ad group themes is a constant optimization practice of mine. When I do this I sometimes come up with 20-30 new ad groups. I was very excited with the advent of the new ad customizer because now I could produce ads at scale very efficiently for all of the new ad groups I generate on a monthly basis, which is one of two major benefits that Adwords has promoted for this new tool. The other benefit being the ability to use the countdown function to streamline sales promotions in your ads. 

In this specific case I did not have a need for the countdown function, but had a major need to produce all of the new ads for each of my new ad groups at scale with high efficiency. This is where I ran into a problem. Adwords doesn't allow you to run a customizer ad in an ad group that doesn't have a standard text ad along with it. The reason they do this is because they want you to have a fallback ad once your "countdown" customizer ad has ran its course. This makes sense, but the major drawback is that not everyone is going to be using the countdown function for this tool. If I have to go in an manually create a text ad for each ad group anyway, why would I spend the extra time on the customizer? It doesn't make sense to do that because the tool is no longer increasing efficiency at this point. It's just an added step. 

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same issue. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I see a flaw in the new Adwords Ad Customizer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ryan,

It's good feedback but I question to what extent you are looking to create these ads at scale. Are you looking to simply create ads quickly across these new ad groups or are you wanting to utilise the actual customisation part of it also?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Scotty,

Thank you for your reply. I'm looking for both. Quick ad creation across multiple ad groups and the customization.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Scotty,

I am also facing same problem. Any solution for this.

Vikrant