AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I'm getting the message Destination URL not working, while it is working fine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Search console says everything's fine with my site.

Ads seem to be approved randomly: sometimes on one same submission some ads are approved and others aren't! I keep insisting on resubmitting my campaigns and eventually get approved... or not

Ads are rejected due to "Destination URL not working" on campaigns that are working fine with previously approved being displayed, clicked hand throwing conversions!

Most frustrating part is that depending on who replies to my support tickets I bounce between "your site has performance issues" and "nothing wrong with your site, please resubmit your campaign" - I feel like a ping-pong ball!

Also, it sees Google support team doesn't not maintain a Ticket log: every time I get a new support team member I have to repeat my story for the nth time!!!

This is going on for over a year!

Anyone with similar (bad) experience?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This error message is typically when   access to the site is blocked either from certain countries or from  mobile devices.

A site has to accessible from all locations and devices.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's one of the many justifications AdWords support keeps throwing.
But how can I solve it if no one can get me a clue of what / where is blocking the site? I have no restrictions and Google Webmasters Tools say everything's fine.

About "a site has to accessible from all locations"...  if I have a .pt domain, a site written in Portuguese addressed to Portuguese users, with a campaign exclusively target to Portugal... why should the ad be blocked if the site is not visible in Kazakhstan???

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The site has to be visible in ALL locations regardless of campaign Geo targeting setting. Even if you only target Portugal, the site must be visible (on organic) to all users  globally 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’