AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I'm frustrated trying to get my suspended account reenstated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to get my adwords account fixed and the suspension dropped.  7 years ago I put all my campaigns on remove status and quit advertising on line.  I've since then I've been educating myself on how to advertise correctly.  Problem:  my old account ads are still hanging out there in google and the websites I used to have have long been removed from the internet.  I have requested the review team consider reinstatements and I keep getting a canned statement that I have to fix the ads and sites and resubmit them.  It is impossible, the sites in question no longer exist and the ads are nothing but outdated information with links that go nowhere.  To top it off the adwords software won't let me do anything with the ads or keywords because the campaigns are in removed status-which I can not fix.   I have resubmitted for the team to give me a recommendation but it always comes back the same "Policy violations to fix-here are some ads and or sites that violate our policies.  Please note that this list is not exhaustive and serves only to illustrate some of the policies your ads and sites have violated. Sites www.paulasceramics.com and www.paulasceramicashtrays.com." These sites no longer exist in any manner.  How can I fix them.  Am I missing something?  How can I make the Google review team see the impossibility of the situation?  Thanks, I just needed to get this out there and get some understandable direction toward compliance....

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phillip W
March 2016

Re: I'm frustrated trying to get my suspended account reenstated.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Phillip W

This is an interesting case, indeed area suspension, which goes to the early days of AdWords as we know it today, but the principle has not changed and is still in effect; any landing page or site violations MUST be fixed before an appeal is considered.

If you abandoned / sold  the domain or the domain is no longer in your hands, you'll have to get control over it (e.g. Buy it again), fix it,  and bring it into compliance. Only then  you can appeal.

Many advertisers are indeed "amazed", that after so many years, they are still required to fix a domain. However, this is a cornerstone in Google's approach of  "keeping  the ad-network safe":  an advertiser who promoted a site in violation must, first, fix the violation before coming back on board  and allowed to advertise again;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phillip W
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Phillip W

This is an interesting case, indeed area suspension, which goes to the early days of AdWords as we know it today, but the principle has not changed and is still in effect; any landing page or site violations MUST be fixed before an appeal is considered.

If you abandoned / sold  the domain or the domain is no longer in your hands, you'll have to get control over it (e.g. Buy it again), fix it,  and bring it into compliance. Only then  you can appeal.

Many advertisers are indeed "amazed", that after so many years, they are still required to fix a domain. However, this is a cornerstone in Google's approach of  "keeping  the ad-network safe":  an advertiser who promoted a site in violation must, first, fix the violation before coming back on board  and allowed to advertise again;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV
This is some information I can work with. Frustration gone and a game plan is in place. Got lucky and the domains are available again so I purchased them and will build two compliant websites to be reevaluated by the Google team. Now that I know the logic involved I can surely move ahead with some degree of assurance that will fix the problem. Thanks again, your a breath of fresh air....Phillip W.