AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I just want to give Google more money.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an intern for a small business in South Jersey.

I built an ad campaign using Google Adwords knowing nothing about it going in.  I feel that I'm pretty much in the same place I started.  I built a keyword and negative keyword list.  I designated a radius targeted area.  I set the url to go to the store's webpage, and my status stays at eligibile.  So, trying to make it work I edited the ad to make the landing page the store's facebook page (Is this against the law? Because I can't find anything saying it is.) thinking that maybe the landing site wasn't relevant enough.  I mistakingly did not change the URL listing in the text ad.  I can understand why my ad was disapproved.  I got an email and promptly fixed it within 20 minutes of the email.  When I finally find the pertinent help page to contact Google to figure out what the issue is I get this listing

Your ad has bee disapproved, your page is disapproved, your account is suspended. 

I just want to know why all this is happening and when Google and the business can work together and help each other. All I have is a list of a bunch of different things that could be the problem, instead of what exactly is the problem.  I've practically completed a bachelor's degree and I can't figure it out, I'm at a loss.

I'd really like to give Google money everyday.  Please help me undo whatever I have done to have my account suspended.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author levelupentertainment
September 2015

Re: I just want to give Google more money.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can relate to where you are coming from, with some of Google products like Adwords they simply state an error has occurred without detailing the exact problem. I have found the best way to go about amending the problem is to follow a series of steps, starting at the most likely cause of the problem.

In your situation, I would amend the ad to land your websites URL. You can point the URL to land on a Facebook page, but it isn't recommended. The way I think of it is that digital marketing tools like Adwords, Facebook, Google +, digital press realeases should all point to your website, and the transaction should occur on your website. So landing an Adwords ad on Facebook page is like taking the long route. I would make it targeted and relevant, and point the URL directly to a relevant landing page on your website. It will increase your quality score and other metrics, but will also make it relevant to your audience, increasing the chances of a successful conversion.

When you amend an ad that has been disapproved by Adwords, it can take up to 1 business day for it to be eligible. So you might have to hang tight until making further changes until then.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author levelupentertainment
September 2015

Re: I just want to give Google more money.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Level up,

As you said that you a created a campaign, keywords & ads and the landing page for that is your "Facebook" page, that could cause problem. I would recommend use yor website landing page.

Read this Thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Same-landing-page-for-my-Facebook-ad-and-PPC-camp...

Follow this thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-approvals-and-advertising/Understanding-Advertiser-Accoun...

As now your account is suspended I would request you should read the Google Policies and Beginner's Guide.

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3045820?hl=en

Regards,
Rupesh