AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I have again been suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As I said, I have again been suspended. Just as other users, talking to Google support just goes in circles. First I was suspended because I directed people to a affilliate site, then I was told to set-up a website that broadly covers the market my product is in with multiple pages, which should include other products I sell. It should have a disclaimer, it needs to give my physical address  phone number etc. Done all that and still they suspend me. By the way, they could not give me a straight answer whether I could or could not sell affilliate products. My web site is www.wellbeingdomain.com.

I give up, GOOGLE is a VERY STRANGE company and I just don't know what they want?????

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have again been suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kerry, I don't work for Google so I can tell you how it is.
First of all, you are NOT going to get an answer out of Google. They're never going to tell you how it is. You're not the first and you're certainly not the last to be going through this. I've been answering this question for MANY years now on the various incarnations of the AdWords forum.

Google does NOT allow affiliates. Simple as. Your account will NOT be restored.
It's frustrating that they don't tell you the rule you're violating but then they ban you. There's no indication that you did anything wrong and then Google support will just ignore you. I guess they're told to ignore you until you go away. I've seen many people try a lot harder than you.

So, I know it's not what you want to hear but you are suspended permanently. The site you're trying to advertise? Don't bother trying to jump through hoops to fix it. It's not going to happen.

IF you're lucky, you'll be able to advertise another website with a "valid" business model. If you keep submitting affiliate sites, you'll get banned for life (if you haven't been already).

I wish Google would just come out and say that affiliate sites are not permitted, it would cut down on a lot of support requests. But I guess that would expose the hypocrisy as Google are one of the biggest affiliates in the world.

Again, sorry it's not what you want to hear, but trust me, give up now. It will only break your heart.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well...I am less decisive than @Dave_Davis ...I agree that Google and affiliates are not "buddies", but Google is a bit more "flexible" (about policy issues) during the last year;

• What text is shown on the red bar when you logged into the account?
  • Re-share your URL; - I cant access.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Smiley Happy Apologies if it came across as abrasive. It's just frustrating, I (and you) have been trying to answer this question for years now.

It's like the ask.com sponsorship listings in AdWords, Google will never give an official straigt answer as it's plainly violating many of their policies.

I get why they don't allow affiliate sites, even good ones, I have no beef there, my issue is with Google not supporting advertisers on the issue because if it does, it exposes itself as violating it's own rules. It could just say "It's our search engine, so we can break our rules, but you can't" but they don't.

I know though that we'll be answering (or trying to) this question on behalf of Google for many years to come.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Dave, but as Moshe has said, Google does permit affiliate advertising, if they didn't there wouldn't be a whole section in the help file about affiliates:

What should I know as an affiliate advertiser?

and the Accounts of affiliate advertising clients I've had in the past, and my own affiliate advertising wouldn't still be running.

As Moshe has said, I'm quite sure Google think of affiliates as the unwelcome guest at a party, but they don't actively suspend Accounts purely because they're affiliates.  What does happen, quite frequently, is that affiliate advertising is part of another violation, typically arbitrage, where the only purpose of the site is to make money through clicks on the affiliate Ads so it is common to see affiliates suspended, but it's not because they're affiliates, it's because they've breached one or more other Policies.

In the case of Kerry, as usual, we can't know the precise reason for the suspension but at a guess I'd say it might be Information Harvesting, since there's really very little content and most pages simply direct visitors to fill in a form.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
hi again Dave,
It wasn't abrasive. that's your past experience....
What has changed (in my view) is that Google has set a process to recheck suspensions based on "case by case"
(sent from mobile)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’