AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I have adsense ads on the homepage of my website. I need them to be taken off immediately.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have discovered that the homepage of my website http://specialapartments.com has adsense advertising on it. It is extremely ugly and my competitors are being advertised on my front page. I would like compensation and to have them removed IMMEDIATELY.
I have never requested any advertising from your company.
Please do the neccessary straight away and contact me to inform me if there is something that I need to do.
Thank you
John Armstrong
the ad I pasted is just one example of course

Re: I have adsense ads on the homepage of my website. I need them to be taken off immediately.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi John,

You might want to speak to your web developer about this issue. You have to place specific code on "your site" for AdSense to be appearing and if you haven't approved it, something is wrong.

Re: I have adsense ads on the homepage of my website. I need them to be taken off immediately.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi John,

AdSense ads cannot simply "appear" on your homepage - you have to do a number of things for this to happen - yes - you.

Essentially, to explain - you (and when I say you I mean someone at your end - someone with access to your webpage - first place to look is your designer) have to register with AdSense. Then you have to get a specific piece of code and add this to your website to create a "space" into which Google will serve the ads.

Then Google look for advertisiers who's products or services match your site content - this is why your competitiors are appearing - clearly they offer what your site talks about.

What's more - they can actually target your site for their ads to appear - and why wouldn't they if you have made advertising available on your site?!

You cannot blame Google - or ask them to remove the ads. This is something you must do at your end.

To give you a parallel - it's like you putting up a corkboard with a sign at the top of it saying "Put your ads here" - and then complaining that people are putting ads up on the board.

Take down the board.

Here's another thing to remember.

When someone sees your competitor's ad on your site, and click on it - you (again you may not actually be you - but someone at your end) gets paid something.

If a web desinger has put AdSense on your site withouth permission and is making money from the clicks that these ads generater, they have some serious explaining to do - I wouldn't like to be in their shoes.....

Good luck with this - please come back and let us know the outcome.