AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I have a squeeze and I wanted to know if complies to what you want

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I wanted to know if the following squeeze page is acceptable for google adwords http://curationpower.com/lp8

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author joey m
September 2015

Re: I have a squeeze and I wanted to know if complies to what you want

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Simple answer: No. This site violates a number of sections of the Policy;
I would recommend to thoroughly read all sections of the Policy and verify compliance;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

I am intrigued by your answer. It seems that for you is very obvious that it doesn't comply.

I did my homework, but ..

• The sites inspires trust and transparency. The guy has his own web site, with his kind of logo and a picture of the guy himself.
  • There are the essential links, legal, privacy policy, terms of service, contact detail in the Privacy page. The link to his other site CharliePage.com is not active.
  • Yes, the support link takes the user to a different site, but is the zendesk of the guy.
  • The opt-in form is on the on the top of the page (I did not opted-in so I do not know what is next).
  • The page is quite clear. It doesn't quite require scrolling.
  • The “next action” Is very clear. It is clear what you get if you opt-in.
  • There is not an exit pop up.
  • I did not measured the loading time, but the page loads quite fast.

What did you see?

• Unsupported claims?
  • Not relevant, useful or the content is not original?
  • It is an unacceptable niche?
  • It looks like a Get Rich Quick?

I really would be grateful to understand what it is that doesn't comply.

Many thanks for your patience,

Ugo

PS

I am totally unrelated to this guy. All that it is just for my own benefit and for restarting using AdWords.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ugo;
Indeed the claims made, the "get rich quick", asking for personal info (i.e. Email) in exchange for "free" downlaodable book/ article - are only 3 examples.
This business model cannot be promoted on Google.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Moshe,

it is more clear.
Though, I understand that squeeze pages are now acceptable by AdWords.

Actually, I did not find in the policy that you cannot ask for personal info (i.e. Email) for sending info.
Maybe the wording "in exchange for free downloadable book/ article" should be replaced by "for enrolling in a email course"?
Could you please help me out here?

Thank you again for your teaching,

ugo
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

if a business-model is violating the policies
then, the wording on the site does not matter --
how a company makes money simply cannot
be changed by changing a website.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Ugo;
Collecting personal information in exchange for a free gift (aka "information harvesting") is not allowed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Celebird,

I agree, if something is wrong, is wrong.

But just as example, looking at this guy page. He seems to be in the "blogging for cash" niche. I do not think that is something wrong for Adwords, as with Adsense is the major player.
But the wording do make the difference: "learn how to blog for cash" is is not like "make a million with your blog in 7 days". The first aims to teach me something possible. The second is a "get rich quick" type.

Or am I wrong?

ugo

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Ugo;
In addition to other violations, the page portrays / conveys a business model that one can easily make a lot of money from blogging. This claim is far from true... Hence falls under the "unreal claims'" clause of the Policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Moshe, I agree with you on that.

But I really would like to get a grip of the main issue here.

By the policy I can collect some visitor’s info as long is via secure SSL, naturally having in place all the Privacy Policy etc...
But you are teaching me that I cannot for example say: “type your email and I‘ll send you the first chapter of my book on how to train your dog”.
The visitor has to buy the book and so I can ask his email?
Meaning list subscription is only allowed if there is a money transaction? Or the difference is more subtle?

Really thankful for your patience.
your,
ugo