AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I have a squeeze and I wanted to know if complies to what you want

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I wanted to know if the following squeeze page is acceptable for google adwords http://curationpower.com/lp8

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author joey m
September 2015

Re: I have a squeeze and I wanted to know if complies to what you want

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Simple answer: No. This site violates a number of sections of the Policy;
I would recommend to thoroughly read all sections of the Policy and verify compliance;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

if a business-model is violating the policies
then, the wording on the site does not matter --
how a company makes money simply cannot
be changed by changing a website.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author joey m
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Simple answer: No. This site violates a number of sections of the Policy;
I would recommend to thoroughly read all sections of the Policy and verify compliance;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

I am intrigued by your answer. It seems that for you is very obvious that it doesn't comply.

I did my homework, but ..

• The sites inspires trust and transparency. The guy has his own web site, with his kind of logo and a picture of the guy himself.
  • There are the essential links, legal, privacy policy, terms of service, contact detail in the Privacy page. The link to his other site CharliePage.com is not active.
  • Yes, the support link takes the user to a different site, but is the zendesk of the guy.
  • The opt-in form is on the on the top of the page (I did not opted-in so I do not know what is next).
  • The page is quite clear. It doesn't quite require scrolling.
  • The “next action” Is very clear. It is clear what you get if you opt-in.
  • There is not an exit pop up.
  • I did not measured the loading time, but the page loads quite fast.

What did you see?

• Unsupported claims?
  • Not relevant, useful or the content is not original?
  • It is an unacceptable niche?
  • It looks like a Get Rich Quick?

I really would be grateful to understand what it is that doesn't comply.

Many thanks for your patience,

Ugo

PS

I am totally unrelated to this guy. All that it is just for my own benefit and for restarting using AdWords.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ugo;
Indeed the claims made, the "get rich quick", asking for personal info (i.e. Email) in exchange for "free" downlaodable book/ article - are only 3 examples.
This business model cannot be promoted on Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Moshe,

it is more clear.
Though, I understand that squeeze pages are now acceptable by AdWords.

Actually, I did not find in the policy that you cannot ask for personal info (i.e. Email) for sending info.
Maybe the wording "in exchange for free downloadable book/ article" should be replaced by "for enrolling in a email course"?
Could you please help me out here?

Thank you again for your teaching,

ugo
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

if a business-model is violating the policies
then, the wording on the site does not matter --
how a company makes money simply cannot
be changed by changing a website.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Ugo;
Collecting personal information in exchange for a free gift (aka "information harvesting") is not allowed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Celebird,

I agree, if something is wrong, is wrong.

But just as example, looking at this guy page. He seems to be in the "blogging for cash" niche. I do not think that is something wrong for Adwords, as with Adsense is the major player.
But the wording do make the difference: "learn how to blog for cash" is is not like "make a million with your blog in 7 days". The first aims to teach me something possible. The second is a "get rich quick" type.

Or am I wrong?

ugo

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Ugo;
In addition to other violations, the page portrays / conveys a business model that one can easily make a lot of money from blogging. This claim is far from true... Hence falls under the "unreal claims'" clause of the Policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Moshe, I agree with you on that.

But I really would like to get a grip of the main issue here.

By the policy I can collect some visitor’s info as long is via secure SSL, naturally having in place all the Privacy Policy etc...
But you are teaching me that I cannot for example say: “type your email and I‘ll send you the first chapter of my book on how to train your dog”.
The visitor has to buy the book and so I can ask his email?
Meaning list subscription is only allowed if there is a money transaction? Or the difference is more subtle?

Really thankful for your patience.
your,
ugo