AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I have a question regarding the Display URL. Does the display url need to be a real page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does the display URL need to be a real page?

I have an ad that has been approved but I'm not sure I'm doing this in the most optimal way.  

The ad is for a personal injury attorney, specifically for car accidents.  

This is the display url I'm using www.frickey.com/caraccident but this isn't a real page, it just seems relevant since I'm looking for people searching for a car accident attorney.  

The landing page I'm using is www.frickey.com/Practice-Areas/Car-Accidents/Auto-Accidents.shtml but this is too long to include as the display url.  

Will Google punish me for using a display url that doesn't really exist?  Does this negatively impact my Quality Score?

Thank you for your help.

Kirk

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a question regarding the Display URL. Does the display url need to be a real page?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kirk and welcome to the forum.  Good question!

No, the Display URL doesn't have to be a real page but it does have to match the final domain of the landing page.  What you've described in your post seems fine to me.  

As far as I'm aware there's no QS penalty involved.  It's the content of the landing page that's far far more important than what it's called.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: I have a question regarding the Display URL. Does the display url need to be a real page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your assistance.