AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I have a guy that is using GoogleAdWords to slander me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a guy who is using GoogleAdwords as a sponsor for some libelous information and saying it is a Google AdWords public service announcement.  Is this legal or does it violate the terms of Google Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a guy that is using GoogleAdWords to slander me

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi janenecaracaus and welcome to the forum.  It certainly sounds like this should be a breach of the AdWords Policies as Google does not permit AdWords to be used for any "Anti" style advertising.  The full policy, is here:

"Anti" and Violence Policy

This page also contains a link (right at the bottom) to contact AdWords where you can report any Ads that appear to violate the Policy.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: I have a guy that is using GoogleAdWords to slander me

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

From what i understand such slander (defamation of character) is a civil law issue and in some places you can get fines and even jail time. I believe there is definitely a case for Google removing the content or suspending the account. I wish you all the best in this difficult time and if possible keep screenshots of the offences in case you want to take the issue to court or show info to Google to remove. All the best my friend.