AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I couldn't use "Google" trademark on my ad texts

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I am an certified Google Adwords professional but when i created the ad texts they were limited since we are not allowed to use the trademark. Don't you think its logical to allow Adwords partners to use the trademark since they are the one who are issuing the certificate? Let me know your thoughts.

Siva.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I couldn't use "Google" trademark on my ad texts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google trademark usage is governed (as any other trademark) by the trademark Policy.  Google authorizes only Partners to use a badge specific to this program. The Google logo is solely reserved to be used by Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
What do we need to do if we need to use the term "Google" on the text ads? Have some body used it before?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Simple answer: You cannot; This is reserved to be solely utilized by Google;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
But don't you think if they are allowing us to use the Google Partner badge it would be wise to use them in ad text?

May be this a feature request. I would start at least!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Of course we have a affiliation with Google as Google Partners? Don't you think otherwise?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
For the "Partners" program there is a dedicated badge, to distinguish between a "partner" and Google. A partner is not Google.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, exactly. I have no objections on it. How displaying that you are Google Adwords Partner on your website is different from displaying that on a text ad? This is my only question.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I think we won't have solution for it. I have already sent an email to the team who are maintaining the brand "Google" to see an exemption. Let us see how it goes.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hmm. Anyway have send an email for the brand permission and lets see what happens.