AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I can't promote my videos. It just shows a blank page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click the drop down arrow next to my video and hit promote, it just pulls up a blank white page. It has been doing this everytime I try to promote.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I can't promote my videos. It just shows a blank page.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks for posting on our Community forum.

-Are you trying to promote your video using AdWords for video? If so, please make sure you follow the basic instructions on how to Create video ads with AdWords for video on this page: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2375425?hl=en&ref_topic=2973023

Using AdWords for video, you can:

• Tell your story. You’re the expert of your business. Share your expertise with the world. Be personal. Put the camera on yourself and explain how your product or service can benefit your audience. Get inspired byAdWords for video success stories.
  • Reach just the right audience. Every month, more than one billion people visit YouTube and watch over six billion hours of YouTube videos. With AdWords for video, you pay only when people interested in your business choose to view your ads. Target your customers by topic, by keywords, or by demographics like 'women under 35.'
  • Create a video campaign in only a few minutes. Create your account, create or upload your video ad, target your audience, and you're on your way to reaching your audience.
  • Measure your success. Figure out if you're reaching the right audience. Check your AdWords account to track views, clicks, costs, and budget details. Then visit the Analytics tab in your YouTube account to learn more about your viewers. For example, you can tell which videos your customers are watching and for how long.

-If you are trying to promote it within your YouTube account, I suggest you may want to read up on how to Promote your videos on YouTube's help page here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/141808?hl=en

You can create ads for videos you have created and own. The videos you upload must meet YouTube's community guidelines and should not infringe on copyrights. Learn more about YouTube's content policies and AdWords advertising policies.    

While signed in to your YouTube account, follow these steps to create an ad:

1. Navigate to your video watch page.
  2. In the menu bar at the top, click the [ V ] button.
  3. Click Promote in the drop-down menu.
  4. You'll now be able to build an ad for your video content.
  5. Enter how much you want to spend for your ad campaign in dollars (USD$). This amount will be used for aseven-day long ad campaign featuring your video promotion. Your promotion will end after seven days and your video ad will stop running.   
  6. Calculate views: Click this button to see how many views we estimate your video will receive based on how much you're willing to spend. You can change the number in this field and click the button again to see the view estimates update.
  7. Review your targeting settings. We don't recommend you change this if you are new to managing ad campaigns. Changing these settings can extremely limit your promotion's exposure to potential viewers.
    • Click Refine to change the type of viewer or video content topics you'd like to target.
    • Changing these settings will also change the view estimates.
  8. When you're happy with the projected views for your video promotion, click Continue.
  9. Create your adEnter a headline and ad text that will encourage people to click on your ad and watch your video.
    • Headline: This is the top line of text users will first see for your ad. It appears in bold and draws attention to your ad.   
    • Description: The next lines of text let you add more context to encourage users to click on the ad and watch your video.
  10. Click Continue when you're happy with the ad preview.

Please let me know if this information resolved your video promotion issue. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well that message didn't help at all since it doesn't answer his problem (I have exactly the same). When I click "promote" the following page is blank while using Chrome. Funny as it is I can use IE to open the page and it'll work.

Any solutions to that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Turn off adblock for that page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its because you have adblock or similar installed, disable it for that page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That works, actually. I should've looked for this on Google before.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Having the same problem when I use Safari. I'll try with another browser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Woops, Thanks Man =)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You re awesome , thanks

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!