AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I can't find my ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My ad has recently been approved so I wen't on the ad preview and diagnostics page to try and find it, and all the keywords I type in cannot find my ad. why is this?

Re: I can't find my ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Justin B,

Forgive me if I start at the beginning.

There are a number of things that can be involved, and you can find out a lot from the Keywords tab.

See if there are any impressions for your Keywords.  If not, there may be other problems, like Low search volume, or paused keywords, ads, adgroups or campaigns. 

Check the status of your keywords (Status column).  If it shows Eligible, there could be other issues.  If it doesn't show Eligible for any of your keywords, that will keep the ads from showing. 

Hover over the thought bubble next to the Status.  That may give you more detail.

If you have a location targeted, but you are not in that location, you will not see the ad.  You can, however, tell the ad preview tool to act like you are in another location, so that might help if needed. 

If you have set the campaign to run at a particular time, and you look for it at another time, that could also be a problem.

But first, I'd say check the status for your campaign, adgroup, keywords and ads to make sure they are all eligible, then look at some of these other things. 

Please let me know how it goes!

Phil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. I just looked and my campaign isn't under 'online campaigns'. It is only on the 'Video campaigns'. What does this mean? 

The Status bubble just tells me how I can deal with dissaproved ads, which mine isn't so thats not relevant.

It say's that the campaign is eligible. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi again Justin B

I'm afraid I haven't worked with video ads!  Hopefully someone else out there can jump in.

Phil