AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I am getting emails saying my site violated Malware Policy of Adwords !

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Neither Web Master Tools nor Google's Safe Browsing Diagnostic Tools url shows any Malware !!!!!

What do I do ?!!!

My website is  www,landshoppe.com

My email is anit@landshoppe.com

2 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author landshoppe
September 2015

Re: I am getting emails saying my site violated Malware Policy of Adwords !

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Landshoppe,

I reluctantly visited your site and although I didn't receive any immediate red flags, I was mesmerized by how busy the site is.  I wouldn't even know where to start with that.  

Here is a post from a Googler about Malware and some ideas about how you can work on this:  https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Protect-Yourself-From-Malware-H...

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

If the site is performing for you, I would say that I have no particular recommendations.  If it's not working for you, here are my thoughts.

By 'busy', I mean that there is so much going on - there are ads all over the place, mixed in with your content.  With so much ad presence, as a user, I cannot tell which content is yours and what to look at first.  I think to myself, what is this page even about?  You have ads all the way down the left side and across the top, social plugins at the top and right side and mixed in are your copyscape and html validation codes...

To me, this looks like a crazy SEO/AdSense/Affiliate effort gone wrong.  If I found this site I wouldn't feel comfortable doing much here as I can't tell what is what.  That is just my opinion though.  

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

HI LS,

No problem at all and I apologize if I came off harsh there.  Honesty is important and I wanted to share my experience first hand as that was the first time I visited your site.

One good idea it to take a look at similar businesses and see what you like and don't like about their sites.  This could help you decide on a cleaner, more functional and organized appearance.

We're here to help as much as we can.  

I wish you all the best!

-Tommy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

I agree with Tom.  If I clicked on a link to that site, I would hit the back button immediately.  My eyes hurt!  Aside from the visual design it just looks, well, amateurish.  I'd be afraid to entrust any data to it or to download anything from it, for fear that the site had been (or will be) compromised.  I strongly suggest coming up with a cleaner, simpler design.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Landshoppe,

I reluctantly visited your site and although I didn't receive any immediate red flags, I was mesmerized by how busy the site is.  I wouldn't even know where to start with that.  

Here is a post from a Googler about Malware and some ideas about how you can work on this:  https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Protect-Yourself-From-Malware-H...

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Thanks a ton for your reply PPCBossman, somebody on another help session told me that a script < sc ript type="text/javascript" src="http:// feed . surfing-waves . com /js/rss-feed.js"> < / sc ript > in my home page was tagged as malicious by google but they are in the process of removing it from the list...by the way ..if it is not too much to ask, could you give me a quick one liner on the site being busy...just to understand the problem...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

If the site is performing for you, I would say that I have no particular recommendations.  If it's not working for you, here are my thoughts.

By 'busy', I mean that there is so much going on - there are ads all over the place, mixed in with your content.  With so much ad presence, as a user, I cannot tell which content is yours and what to look at first.  I think to myself, what is this page even about?  You have ads all the way down the left side and across the top, social plugins at the top and right side and mixed in are your copyscape and html validation codes...

To me, this looks like a crazy SEO/AdSense/Affiliate effort gone wrong.  If I found this site I wouldn't feel comfortable doing much here as I can't tell what is what.  That is just my opinion though.  

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PPCBossman, thanks again for your feedback. It is highly useful to me. Will def get on the job of replanning my layout as per your feedback since  I understand that user experience is 'THE' critical part of a site's effectiveness. And I  have been looking to get such feedback from a long time. God bless you for taking the time to offer your opinion.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

HI LS,

No problem at all and I apologize if I came off harsh there.  Honesty is important and I wanted to share my experience first hand as that was the first time I visited your site.

One good idea it to take a look at similar businesses and see what you like and don't like about their sites.  This could help you decide on a cleaner, more functional and organized appearance.

We're here to help as much as we can.  

I wish you all the best!

-Tommy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

I agree with Tom.  If I clicked on a link to that site, I would hit the back button immediately.  My eyes hurt!  Aside from the visual design it just looks, well, amateurish.  I'd be afraid to entrust any data to it or to download anything from it, for fear that the site had been (or will be) compromised.  I strongly suggest coming up with a cleaner, simpler design.

Laura

AdWords engineer

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PPCBossman, nothing harsh there. Realistic feedback is the sign of a professional ! Thanks to you, I will now not live in a fool's paradise thinking I have got a perfect site in place and waste time, money and energy maintaining a white elephant !

I have started thinking and planning a new design. Will soon upload same.

Thanks for the wishes too..

:-)

Anit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a ton for the feedback, Laura. Actually I am an Amateur. I dont have any formal training in any software coding ! All what I learnt is from the net !

I am definitely getting on to implementing your suggestion.  I had always worried about the qulity of my design. Now that I have good feedback, the site should see the makover very soon.

Anit

Re: I am getting emails saying my site violated Malware Policy of Adwo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can anybody check my websites?

www.dreamsatellite.com
www.dishhdtvchina.com

they are simple html websites with WordPress blog.

Recently suspended by Adwords, said malware detected, but Webmaster Tools said there's no malware. I have checked everything I could be there's nothing I can clean up any more. I have closed blog comments, deleted all old comments, I have deleted some website names ( not links) on one paticular page in case any of them are bad websites. 

One thing I found paticularly bad is that MaCfee blacklisted the websites for no paticular reasons, I have requested review to MaCfee but the SiteAdvisor.com works really bad, could not verify websites even I successfully registered, I do not expect McCfee reply even I reported all the details to them by email too.

Anybody can help me checking what's wrong for the websites? I've been carefull enough in terms of conent and links.

thanks.