AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I am advertising a topical cream that is consider unscheduled medicine, how can I do this?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am advertising a topical skin cream and it is considered schedule 0 or unscheduled in my country.
This product isn't available for purchase online, only in stores.
We cannot register for for pharmacy certification as its not available in my country.

How can I go about this without going against the healthcare policies?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

I am advertising a topical cream that is consider unscheduled medicine, how can I do this?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You will probably have problems with disapproval of your ads, so the best thing to do would probably be to give Google a call, explain the situation and they may be able to approve the ads for you when and if you have issues.

Kind Regards,

Abbie Roberts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, yes, I've been preparing a couple of questions and scenarios to run past them to see if there are some workarounds.

According to our local marketing codes this cream can be advertised to the public so I'm hoping they will give me the green light.

Thanks for your help,

Desiree

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Desiree R;

Simple answer: you cannot, unless you are a pharmaceutical company;

Sorry;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client is a pharmaceutical company, but the online application for pharmaceuticals is not available in South Africa.

In your opinion would that cause problems?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Correct;

South Africa is not on the list;

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/6099627?visit_id=0-636136048316234978-2538567151&r...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’