AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

I accidentally entered the wrong date of birth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And now I can't accept my client's invitation to her AdWords account because Google thinks I'm < 18. Help! 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I accidentally entered the wrong date of birth

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
I think you need to change your birthday on the google account which is linked to adword account right?

Well you can change it through Google + https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27442?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tally,

Since this issue is specific to your Google account before creating the AdWords account, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this reference and see how this issue can be resolved:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1333913?hl=en

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problem. My gmail account was set up before my AdWords account setup. When I attempt to update my birthday in Google+ or Google accounts homepage as described above, I am getting an error message "Please enter a valid birthday" and it won't save the new birthday. This is preventing me from setting up a Google AdWords account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the exact same problem. I entered the incorrect birth year on my Google account, and now when I try to change the year I get the error message "Please enter a valid birthday." and I'm not able to save. Since the incorrect year makes me look under 18, I'm not able to set up Google AdWords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Enter the birthday as if you were going to turn 18 tomorrow, e.g. today is 15th November 2014, you would enter the date 16th November 1996, and it should let you. You will then be able to set up an adwords account the next day. I had the same problem 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

umm problem i joined early 2011 now when i try to put my birthday...... it says invalid i joined with my real age  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nice answer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this helped alot thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭