AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How will google identify which ad to run?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How will google identify which ad to run if two different MCC clients configure and run ads on a same website?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How will google identify which ad to run?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Santosh,

Keyword with high ad ranking (quality score and bid) would trigger the ad. However, please be aware that it is against Google's policies (double serving) to run two accounts consecutively. I'd suggest pausing one and continuing with the other.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for your reply. What if we use both the accounts use same keyword and landing page. In this case which ad would run.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Santosh,

Keyword with better CTR, quality score and bid amount would have a higher ad ranking and that would be the one to trigger the ad. In case you're asking about a hypothetical scenario where both the accounts are identical and started at the same time, it isn't possible to determine which one would be served. By the way, what's you objective in running two accounts if I may ask?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Santosh,

As Sumanth has suggested, you cannot take the chance of running two different accounts for the same domain, as it will lead to both your accounts being suspended along with the chances of your website getting suspended as well.

For your next question, if people are targeting the same set of keywords and themes in two different accounts (for different domains obviously), ad from the account that has the better QS & bid will be ranked higher on the SERP. Ads from both the accounts can also show up at the same time on the SERP but the ad position will differ.

Again, I suggest you do not try running two accounts for the same domain and stick to just the one account.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"