AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to unsuspend because of a site I no longer own?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used AdWords years ago on a site of mine (I no longer own the domain and the content obviously). I was planning to use AdWords for my current blog/website and found out I was suspended

Tried chatting with support and it goes in circles. Said that I need to make sure the old site does not breach the policy, etc. But I don't own the site anymore. Can't I just remove it from the system and be done with it? I'm confused

Re: How to unsuspend because of a site I no longer own?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

What was suspended and why - the AdWords-account or the website? The account because of the website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The AdWords account; it's because I had a campaign that pointed to my old website. The support said that even if I removed the campaign, the system is still tracking my old website that no longer exists.

Maybe I should just create a new Gmail account altogether to create campaigns for my new blog/site? Find it weird that you cannot just remove a website on your AdWords account... I'm sure we won't be owning a domain/site forever?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

If it´s not a lot of work, you should probably create a new account, yes.