AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to unsuspend because of a site I no longer own?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used AdWords years ago on a site of mine (I no longer own the domain and the content obviously). I was planning to use AdWords for my current blog/website and found out I was suspended

Tried chatting with support and it goes in circles. Said that I need to make sure the old site does not breach the policy, etc. But I don't own the site anymore. Can't I just remove it from the system and be done with it? I'm confused

Re: How to unsuspend because of a site I no longer own?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

What was suspended and why - the AdWords-account or the website? The account because of the website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The AdWords account; it's because I had a campaign that pointed to my old website. The support said that even if I removed the campaign, the system is still tracking my old website that no longer exists.

Maybe I should just create a new Gmail account altogether to create campaigns for my new blog/site? Find it weird that you cannot just remove a website on your AdWords account... I'm sure we won't be owning a domain/site forever?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

If it´s not a lot of work, you should probably create a new account, yes.