AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to request use proxy URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just set up first adwords campaign using a proxy landing page. Ads are disapproved because display URL and landing URL do not match. Who/how do I request a human to review and approve these ads? Landing page look and feel matches display URL website. Uses tracking phone number and contact form.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to request use proxy URL

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am not entirely sure about what you want to say about "proxy URL" 

But according to adwords policy "The domain of your display URL must match the domain of your landing page URL (after any redirects)." 

I dont think there is any escaping that

Ref: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=175906

Hope it helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am not entirely sure about what you want to say about "proxy URL" 

But according to adwords policy "The domain of your display URL must match the domain of your landing page URL (after any redirects)." 

I dont think there is any escaping that

Ref: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=175906

Hope it helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
hey,

I would have to agree with Nik. You need to have the display and destinations URLs having the same domain names.
Also, Redirects used for tracking purposes are fine as long as the final landing page has the same domain as the display URL...
You can get more details on the link provided by Nik above.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking at this

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2643759

trying to find out how to get approved for this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello pjadv,

Just to follow what you referred above in your post, I will quote from the Google notes below:-

"We also provide exceptions in the case of a company, often an AdWords Authorized Reseller, using proxy pages. Proxy pages are exact copies of live, functioning websites used in place of the original site, for the purpose of isolating advertising traffic from all other website traffic."

So, are you an Adwords authorized Reseller, who want to use the proxy domain as destination URL?

Did you try to speak with Adwords support on this matter? Please note that the final call is from Google's end, so it's better to speak with them atleast once.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi all
I want to ask that if proxy site is www.xyz.calls.net and original site is www.xyz.com then what should be the display url.please help me.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi reenu,

In your example, the AdWords reseller (the owner of calls.net) would have to apply for the exemption.  An individual advertiser using calls.net as a hosting service can't do this.

This exemption is intended for resellers who create a hosted web site for the advertiser and then set up an AdWords campaign for it.  It's not intended to let advertisers pretend they have a web site on their own domain (xyz.com) when in reality their web site is on a subdomain of a hosting company (xyz.hostingcompany.com).

Personally I wish we didn't have this exemption at all.  It's deceptive to users when the Display URL does not accurately reflect the final location the user will land on when clicking the ad.

Laura

AdWords review engineer