AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to hold off approval temporarily?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created some display ads but am not yet ready for Google to look at them because the landing page is still under internal review and is protected by a password. I just got a message from Google disapproving one of the ads because of a "pop-up" on the landingpage, which I assume is the authentication dialogue coming up. How do I put off the approval process until everything is in place?

Thanks in advance. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to hold off approval temporarily?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi DelenaR,

Welcome to the community.

If the page isn't ready I would normally wait until it was before setting the ads live.

If they are text ads you can build you ads in AdWords Editor and just don't post the changes until you have the page ready and are good to go live.

You can do your image ads in Editor as well, you just can't use the display ad builder.

This could help you, hopefully.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi DelenaR,

One idea could be that you edit the current display ads and change the destination URL to some working URL of your website (may be the home page of your website if its feasible and makes sense).

And once your original page is up and running and adhering to Adwords policies, you could set the keyword level destination URL, which is now possible after big changes in Google Display Network.

Another could be you might be interested in deleting the ads as if now. But please keep in mind that you shouldn't create any ads and point to some page which is yet under review internally (in your agency) and doesn't follow advertising policies.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try pointing the ads to a working page for now, and will have to remember to change it before the campaign goes live. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks purefuzz. The thing is, the ads aren't live. The whole campaign is on pause until my internal review is complete. Seems like a waste for Google to do a review and then maybe have to re-review after the client makes changes. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@DelenaR;

You might be correct in Google's reviewers being "loaded" with work re-checking / re-approving ads, but any change you make to the text automatically submit the ad for approval. That's the process Google has set....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’