AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to handle GEO redirects

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

currently I'm promoting a couple of websites for my clients. in this case they are about videogames.
The issue I'm having is that the client uses GEO redirects.

i.e.: The website is www.websiteofthegame.com
But when you're in the Netherlands you'll be redirected to www.websiteofthegame.nl. When in Germany to www.websiteofthegame.de etc.
This is done to present more relevant content for the user (basically just the language changes).

Due to this all the ads in GDN will be disapproved because of domain mismatches. Is there any workaround for this? 

thanks!

Remco

Re: How to handle GEO redirects

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Remco H

You're either going to have to break your campaigns down by country and use the appropriate tld, or remove the automatic geo redirects and replace it with some kind of navigation feature that allows the user to switch it themselves on the .com.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
unfortunately that won't work. The people that review the ads are based in Ireland and will be redirected to one of the english domains.

Removing the automatic geo redirects isn;t an option either since I don't have control over that. I was hoping that Google has an option to alter the reviewing process for these kind of issues.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Remco H

Overall, this policy is pretty strict.

It might be worth trying setting up a country specific campaign that would not redirect for the user.  If it gets disapproved because the reviewer is in another country, you might try requesting an exception stating that fact, and that it does not redirect for the targeted audience. If it works, then you can build campaigns for the other countries.