AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to fix disapproved ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to find why my ads were disapproved. Google states my ads were disapproved because of:

Misleading or unrealistic promotions

Making false statements about your identity or qualifications

• Examples: A college student purporting to be a qualified lawyer, an unlicensed plumber claims to be licensed Using false claims or claims that entice the user with an improbable result (even if this result is possible) as the likely outcome that a user can expect

I make no statement about my identity or qualifications.  My site sells supplements not services or advice.

Using false claims or claims that entice the user with an improbable result (even if this result is possible) as the likely outcome that a user can expect

• Examples: "Miracle cures" for medical ailments, extreme weight loss products or programs, "get rich quick" schemes or promising large financial return for minimal effort or investment
  • Specific example: A weight loss ad that says you can eat whatever you want and lose 10 pounds in a month

First of all, my website is FCC compliant for supplement advertising.  I make no claims that this is a cure and do not post user reviews or testimonials.  Making health benefit claims is prohibited by the FCC even in the form of testimonials.  I have posted links to scientific studies and research conducted on the ingredients.

Falsely implying affiliation with, or endorsement by, another individual, organization, product, or service

• Examples: Misleading use or mimicry of official government sites, stamps, seals, or agency names
  • Specific example: An advertiser mimics the layout and design of an official government agency site

I do not state or imply any affiliation with any other organization or agency

All pages include the following statement:

The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your doctor.

So I cannot find what is wrong and am left with no remedy but to try and correct the ads without any guidance to what is wrong.  Then I see a warning that, if I submit an ad that is still wrong, my site could be permanently banned. 

You have to provide at least some guidance if you are going to ban a site, right? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to fix disapproved ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please share the website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ccherbal.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well.... I think the Policy is quite clear in this case:

Google doesn't allow the promotion of the following content, irrespective of any claims of legality:

• Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
  • False or misleading health claims, including claims implying that a product is as effective as prescription drugs or controlled substances
  • Non-government approved products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment

Reading your site - you are in violation. This product cannot be promoted on Google.  If the active  ingredients are not banned (I did not check),  you could   promote it, as is,  with no claims.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you would have checked you would find that the ingredients are NOT banned. In fact the every shipment (into the US) is inspected and released by the FDA. So, isn't the FDA a government agency?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I did not check the ingredients, - there is no need to.  Since your site doesn't comply with the essentials of the Policy (even prior to checking ingredients). The  major  violation here is the  claims made on your site.

Please re-read my other reply.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

BTW: how come you could say that: "every shipment (into the US) is inspected and released by the FDA" while a small print, (hardly noticed) disclaimer  on ccherbal.com says: "The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration"?

And another site note: A disclaimer should be in visible fonts, clearly noticed on the landing page... (But again,  this is not the issue here....)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
•Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients

My product does not contain active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients. The FDA would not allow me to import these

•False or misleading health claims, including claims implying that a product is as effective as prescription drugs or controlled substances

My website actually recognizes the effectiveness of pharmaceuticals and encourages their use. There is nowhere that I state that the herbal supplement is as effective as pharmaceuticals or could replace them.

•Non-government approved products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment My product is not "Non-government approved", it is FDA approved.

I am just looking for help with specifically what I need to do.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Well... How would you then characterize  the following quotes,  if not as:

"Marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment"?

• The CCherbal Plan is a natural alternative to traditional treatment and is formulated to help support your digestive health
  • When addressing Ulcerative Colitis, TCM starts with the idea that this condition is an imbalance in the immune response and seeks to correct this imbalance. TCM diagnosis focuses on tracing ulcerative colitis symptoms back to an underlying pattern of disharmony, identifying the disharmony, and using herbal remedies to restore your system to balance.

This was an example: I can find other claims on the site,  which violate the clause listed in my initial reply.

I think this discussion has exhausted itself on this issue.  This web sites clearly violates the Policy and cannot be promoted on Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Out of context, you can find what appears to violate your policy. However "the CCherbal Plan" is NOT the product it is clearly described as a plan that includes prescribed medication with a herbal "support of digestive health" (not a disease).

The description and characterization of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), is accurate and well known. I did not create TCM, it'd thousands of years old.

Let's try this. Is there someone at Google I can speak to that can tell me specifically what to do?