AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to describe copyediting that does not suggest that I write papers for people.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I copyedit academic and nonacademic manuscripts, including journal articles, dissertations, theses, novels, etc. I go through and fix errors around grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and make recommendations about making content more clear. I also create resumes and cover letters. The general service options do not seem to offer anything to do with writing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to describe copyediting that does not suggest that I write papers for people.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Melissa,

I admire what you do. It's not an easy job. Writing a thesis now and I don't envy you. 

You're going to need to be very careful with your wording. Fortunately, your profession lends itself well to this very task. Be extremely cautious as Google will ban you at the first sign that you're violating the policy on providing "academic cheating" services. It's likely that your account will be under increased scrutiny too. 

First of all, like with every advertiser, you're going to have to cast your net relatively wide and slowly exclude/block keywords that don't convert or generate queries for services that you don't provide. This is an ongoing and never ending task. I still do it with 15 year old accounts. 

Be super clear on your website and add as many authority signals as possible.