AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to delete campaign or Adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

May i know how to delete campaign or ad group at google Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to delete campaign or Adgroup

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hanyaw,

Simply enable the tick box on the far left that will select the campaign/ad group you want to delete. Just above the list there is a drop down called 'edit' select that drop down and then select the option call 'remove'.

This will delete the campaign. It is worth noting, however, that this campaign will still exist, so you will be able to see its performance and 'un-remove' it at a later stage if you wish. You will also not be able to use that campaigns exact naming convention, so you may want to rename it.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to delete campaign or Adgroup

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hanyaw,

Simply enable the tick box on the far left that will select the campaign/ad group you want to delete. Just above the list there is a drop down called 'edit' select that drop down and then select the option call 'remove'.

This will delete the campaign. It is worth noting, however, that this campaign will still exist, so you will be able to see its performance and 'un-remove' it at a later stage if you wish. You will also not be able to use that campaigns exact naming convention, so you may want to rename it.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I delete it still shows up with "Ad Group Deleted" as its status. Surely there must be a way to permanently delete ad groups?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Zahir A,

Unfortunately there is no such option in AdWords to delete it permanently, you can only remove it.

The historical data will be retained in the account till lifelong.

You can simply hide the removed/paused campaigns, ad group, ads, keywords by accessing the corresponding tab and option their status tab as All Enabled.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank's @Archit

Now i am using new adwords, you are right that we can not remove campaign or ad group permanently, but if you want to remove keyword in adwords so you can easily.

Simply first you pause your keyword which you want to delete and then remove, your keyword will permanently remove.