AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to advertise in German on an English account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am advertising in German on an English account. My ad has been denied because it uses symbols. It uses symbols because German has different grammar rules than English. We have translators who tell us what to run but I set up and manage the ads myself. I can't read German, so I don't want to switch the whole account over to German. I'm not really sure what to do about this. We will be advertising in other languages as well. All of those will be placed by me and I only speak English.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You should be using just one language per campaign.  You select these as targeting options - see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722072 - it won't affect the language of the account.

Your problem may not be AdWords - it may be how you are receiving the ad copy.  Different ways of sharing files and text -- especially when cutting and pasting, opening in browsers and email clients -- can mess up language characters.

A simple way to avoid this is to use Google Docs - have your translators enter the ad copy into a Google Doc (or Google Sheets - which is what I've used for large blocks of Spanish ads) - and then see if you have problems copying and pasting.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You should be using just one language per campaign.  You select these as targeting options - see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722072 - it won't affect the language of the account.

Your problem may not be AdWords - it may be how you are receiving the ad copy.  Different ways of sharing files and text -- especially when cutting and pasting, opening in browsers and email clients -- can mess up language characters.

A simple way to avoid this is to use Google Docs - have your translators enter the ad copy into a Google Doc (or Google Sheets - which is what I've used for large blocks of Spanish ads) - and then see if you have problems copying and pasting.