AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to Resubmit Fixed Disapproved Ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I fixed my disapproved Ads in the AdWords UI. How do I re-submit for approval?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to Re-submit fixed Disapproved Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emily and welcome to the Community.  The mere act of editing the Ad will effectively resubmit them for Approval, you don't need to do anything.

(In fact, Ads are never actually edited; when you edit an Ad you're actually deleting the old one and creating an entirely new one so each time you edit an Ad it goes through the Approval process as though it were new, because it is!).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just fixed my Disapproved Ads. The reason was my display URL was different from my landing page. 

Reason:

[Display URL] Inaccurate Display URL: Your display URL must accurately
reflect the URL of your website.

ex. Display: www.website.com/websites

Actual URL: www.website.com

I have since corrected the display url to www.website.com, however, my ads were disapproved once again, listing the same exact reason. Now in this case, simply changing the display url again won't exactly automatically resubmit the ads for an accurate review. Another measure was taken.

In this case there was a need to use the Resubmit my campaign for review link located in the display box when you place your cursor over the talk bubble that hangs over the Disapproved Ads status. The following message is then displayed:

"This ad is under review, which means it is not running anywhere. Additional investigation is required before we're able to approve or disapprove this ad. This usually takes 1-3 business days from the time you've created or edited your ad."

Hopefully this will prompt an actual review.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This advice is totally untrue! I had an ad suspended today, spent ages with a Google advisor, fixed it under her review and then two hours later was told again that I had the same ad suspended for the same reason. This is time wasting and bullying by Google. 

Not once was I offered a short period of time to fix this, my ad was simply "suspended" which is a polite word for banned.

Two years ago took my site offline and after contacting them, they took over a month to put it back up! A whole month!  Meantime I kept getting pathetic apologies from an "area manager", I lost massive income and not an apology or offer of compensation.  Similar situation, no warning, no grace period to fix it, just banned! Power!  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

How do I resubmit a website that was disapproved?

Thanks,
Roman

Re: How to Resubmit Fixed Disapproved Ads

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This early 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.