AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How to Create an Ad Offering a ''free download'

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Everyone!

Has anyone had any experience creating ad's that offer a free download?

(PDF brochure is the download material).

I'm curious to know if Google has a setting for this (i.e. ad format type for this specific type of offer - user clicks - form pops up add in details - they complete - download begins). 

Background to this: I'm working with a software company who have a guide on 'How to Spot Malware/Spam'. 

We'd like to make this guide downloadable as an offer for clicking on our ad and submitting their details. 

Look forward to any tips or advice Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael K
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Michael,

The most common way would to have a landing page that is part of a proper website (that will legitimise you to the searcher before they provide their details), with a short form (name & email address, of just email address will convert best) and they receive a link to the PDF via an autoresponder email.

If you want people to request the download directly from an ad, that isn't something that AdWords offers.

A list of current ad types is here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722124

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael K
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Michael,

The most common way would to have a landing page that is part of a proper website (that will legitimise you to the searcher before they provide their details), with a short form (name & email address, of just email address will convert best) and they receive a link to the PDF via an autoresponder email.

If you want people to request the download directly from an ad, that isn't something that AdWords offers.

A list of current ad types is here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722124

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Rob!

I'll do just that Smiley Happy