AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How the Google Adwords Approve religion ads!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team, 

i was just reading the blog "http://www.wikihow.com/Read-Palms " and in which i saw a ads in display networks

which is very strange for me because this is against the adwords policy. Please take some action on this website.  

Why and how to convert to Islam with Live Help through 1-to-1 chat

Thanks & regard, 

Rishi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishi a
September 2015

Re: How the Google Adwords Approve religion ads!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rishi,

If the ad itself is discriminatory or portraying intolerance then I would suggest filling out a form to make a complaint on the following URL:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Regards

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rishi,

Could you identify where exactly this is against the adwords policy? And on another note, how do you know it was a google display ad and not a media placement by the site or another ad serving platform?

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
That does not state that you may not promote religious content. I assume you are referring to:

"hatred; violence; harassment; racism; sexual, religious, or political intolerance, or organizations with such views"

But if you read that statement and consider the punctuation (ideas separated by a semi colon and lists by a comma) sexual/religion/political intolerance is how it should read.

So adwords do not have a policy against advertising religion but against religious intolerance.

On another note which is more of a philosophical debate, I do not believe palm reading would be considered religious.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clynton M,
i understand palm reading wouldn't be considered religious. But in the ad copy they are conveying the wrong thing Because it's may be heart some community feelings.

Thanks & Regard,
Rishi
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishi a
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rishi,

If the ad itself is discriminatory or portraying intolerance then I would suggest filling out a form to make a complaint on the following URL:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clynton M,

Thank you very much.

Regard,
Rishi