AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How serious is an ad disapproval?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks

I have a small query. Sometimes my ads get disapproved for wrong display url. I usually correct them immediately, but I wanted to know how serious Google considers such mistakes?

I mean, I do not put a wrong link intentionally, but sometimes I miss out on a hyphen or something and the ad gets disapproved. Can anyone shed some light on this aspect? 

Regards

Aditya.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How serious is an ad disapproval?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aditya,

Generally speaking, an ad disapproval here and there, in my experience, is not very serious on the list of offenses. I even recall a point when phone numbers were no longer allowed in ad copy, we took on an account with about a hundred disapproved ads...the account was still in good standing once we fixed the ads.

That said, anything in excess could be problematic. We don't know all the details but I would imagine that if you combined some ad disapprovals with other policy violations, the view of your account could go down quite fast.

Read more about ad disapprovals here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080541?rd=1

The best approach is to always keep a close eye on your work. Details can mean quite a bit in the long run.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
As Tommy said if there are no repeated, in large volume violations of ad disapprovals, you will not be suspended. (Though the ads will be disapproved)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome! Loads of good information. Thanks a lot.