AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How long does it take to get and adwords for video account approved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I submitted for an adwords video campaign over 24 hours ago. How long does it typically take for the review and approval?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How long does it take to get and adwords for video account approved?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CarlyJo, longer than that.  I've been waiting over 3 days & I believe that's not uncommon.  Video Ads are much harder to review and take a lot longer.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, thanks, still not accepted and now more like 60 hours.  I thought I read that it was nearly immediate. The week that the ad is to run is going to be up before it is even accepted Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi CarlyJo, if it's any consolation, and it probably isn't, mine haven't yet been approved either.  Not sure where you read it was "almost immediate"; although this can be true of Text Ads, I think Video Ads have always had the longest approval process due to their very nature.  This Help reference:

About the ad approval process

says "usually within 3 business days", which I'd translate into "could be a week if we're busy".  This page does also include a link to contact Adwords and it's worth firing off an enquiry.  These can sometimes produce quite rapid results but don't hold me to it...

Jon

Edit:  I've just checked my Ads and they have now been approved, so there's hope.  I think that was 4 business days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm, i must have missed the 3 days part. When I provided my credit card info, it said that your ad would run immediately but I am sure you are right, that must be text ads. I feel better knowing that is the normal time. Was uncertain if mine was lost or overlooked. First time doing this. Need to plan ahead next time Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

To be honest (and this is directed at everyone, not just you!), it's always a good idea to get your Adwords in place early for any time-specific event, such as Valentine's Day, looming on the horizon now.  Not only is there the whole approvals process to worry about (and remember that big events will attract an increase in Ad submissions so by their very nature tend to be slower in approvals) but you've also got to tune the account, edit the Ads, weed out poor Keywords, try new ones, etc.

If it were me, I'd have my Valentine's Day Campaigns running now.

Jon