AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How long does an appeal take?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been advertising on google for a decade. Suddenly I found on Saturday that my account had not been charged for 3 days, which was a bit weird. So I went onto Google Hangouts and was told by a very helpful employee that my account had been disabled for "untrustworthy promotions". She told me that an email had been sent, not to my account address but to some strange address which did not belong to me. I explained to her my business model (we are a consular services company - so if you need a visa, you fill out the forms and give us your passport - we check all the documentation is correct, go to the embassy, submit and collect, check again, and send back the passport and visa (http://www.chinesevisadirect.co.uk)) and she very kindly put in a request for a site review. 

She then emailed me to say that my account would not be reinstated because of the nature of the violation - it did not say what specifically was the problem. So I submitted a request for a review after putting some text on my website explaining that we were a consular services agency and not any embassy.

I was called the next day by another nice google employee who started out by telling me that they would not reinstate my website. However, after I explained again my business model, and after speaking to someone else, he suggested I put the disclaimer on every single page and then submit an appeal, which I have done. He also very kindly sent me an email with the same advice. I submitted another appeal on Tuesday evening. The galling thing is that we have competitors on adwords who do not even have the disclaimer on the first page, let along every page! However, we know that the disclaimer will not affect our business (because we exist in order to cope with the difficulty, inconvenience and uncertainty of obtaining visas, and we do it quickly) so we have no issue with putting it on every page. Messes up the flow though!

I am now waiting the outcome so wish me luck. But any idea how long it takes? The longer the suspension, the more business I am losing during the busiest period in our cycle.

Hopefully the result will be quick and positive. I am just a little worried because the violation we triggered (and I do not agree at all with it) was "untrustworthy promotions".

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How long does an appeal take?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Jing L;

Honestly, I agree with the employee who said that  "(the) account would not be reinstated because of the nature of the violation"

This business model has to completely revamp, and site has  to be overhauled in order for Google to start considering  an appeal. A "patch" of text correction, or a disclaimer will not help.

This is my view.

Sorry.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for taking the time to reply. In your experience, if the appeal comes to the same conclusion (and I hope they won't because this would imply we are a scam business when in fact we are a bona fide business) will they inform me as such?

I am really puzzled by the categorisation because there is nowhere on the website where we pretend to be anything other than a consular services agency. The service we offer is a fully trackable, checking, advisory, queuing and collection service with human beings on the other end of the phone and actually doing the queuing etc - completely different to those websites which merely submit forms online for you and charge you for it in circumstances where the form is free in the first place.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Jing;
Google usually replies to an appeal - twice.
So, if you have already appealed twice, the chances for a reply are slim. This is based on my experience. I haven't seen any documentation on the subject.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just by way of follow up, my site has now been unsuspended, after about 8 working days after appeal. I followed up with polite emails (and to give the staffers their due, they were very polite and understanding, just like the employee I spoke to) and I am now back on. I don't know if it was the emails or if the appeal just ran its course, but all good now.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jing L;

I assume that the appeal which already  had been in the "pipeline", was approved.

Thanks for updating. Good luck with your campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
my ads were disaproved few times, so I removed the campaign totally.
suddenly after 2 month I received the letter that my account can be suspended due to ad. violation regarding the site I removed 2 months ago
The customer support girl in Singapore told me it doesn't matter remove or not, I still have to change the site and resubmit to review.
I told her I don't want to advertize this site on Google Ads, she said "it doesn't matter"
Also she refused to send me the transcript of chat "for legal" issues
what happening?!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Oleg M

The Rep was correct. The landing page has to be fixed prior to any appeal. This is a firm Policy by Google.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I stopped and deleted the related Campaign 2 months ago, What apeal?