AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How in AD Title the character limit exceeding ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How in AD Title the character limit exceeding ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author iyyappan L
September 2015

Re: How in AD Title the character limit exceeding ?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Iyyappan L,

this can be cause by numerous reasons.

1. When is AD placed above organic searched then Description Line 1 may join the Headline
  2. Dynamic Search Ads might add longer text to Ad's headline
  3. Some countries( in Eastern Europe/Asia) have differents limits for ads, instead of classic 25, 35, 35, it is 30, 38, 38
  4. Domain name might join the headline when Ad is in Top Page positions.
  5. Some new beta version of Ads

And there are maybe more....

Really depends what your ad looked like.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your response.

For all the Ad which are in top position will domain name will join in the headline? or any other specific reason behind that?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The URL will often become part of the title, but not always. It's based on Google algorithms and a bit of a black box for all of us.

If you want to get ad sentence 1 to join in the title you need to end the first sentence with a full stop. So it becomes a sentence on it's own. Whether or not sentence one will be pulled into the ad headline depends on an algorithm aswell, without the fullstop it can't be used in the headline.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jelle W,

Thanks for your response.

If I use a DYI (Dynamic keyword insertion) in headline along with few words, if a user search for a keywords which present in my keyword list at that time my headline exceed more than 25 (Because of the presence of DYI and my headline words)?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author iyyappan L
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, DKI is one of the things that can exceed the 25 characters rule. I read an article a long time ago, might have been on ppchero, where they analysed the ad headline lengths they got with DKI. If i recall it was realisticly possible to get ad headlines go up to 27 characters. Whether or not this happens is, again, based on algorithms. The Click through rate of the ad needs to perform better with the longer title.

I do not think it's worth investing a whole lot of time in figuring out how long you can make an ad title. NEVER bet on getting a longer DKI title, if you ad doesn't make any sense without the long DKI you'd probalby only make yourself perform poorly.