AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do you report an ad violation?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is a little unclear with google how to report is issue. 

Our company is called Victor Paris (www.VictorParis.com

when 'victor paris' is typed into google

( http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=victor+paris&oq=victor+paris&gs_... )

a company is paying to advertise 'Huge Victor Paris Savings' and re directing you to their own website (www.nationwide-bathrooms.co.uk) this company has no relationship to our company and we feel should not be able to use our name in their advert.

is there a link that can be provided to report this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do you report an ad violation?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If you own the Trademark Rights of the terms which you find objectionable in some Google ad, you can report that to Google for further investigation. I would also add here that Trademark Policy differs from country to country and depending upon that, further process can be initiated.

Read this policy for more insights:- http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2562124

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: How do you report an ad violation?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

It would also be worth mentioning to Google that if you run a search on their site for "Victor Paris" no products can be found. Google does not take kindly to advertisers advertising products or services they do not offer. Google do not, however, object to companies using competitor's trademarks in their keywords (although I think this also varies a little from country to country).

What's more - you should look to see the landing page these ads take you to - the likely have nothing to do with VP either.... all grist to the Google mill.