AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

How do you report Ad violation you can only see in Ad Preview?

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hello All.

How do you report an ad that violates policy, but can only see it in Ad Preview due to its location targeting being outside of my area?   Here is a screenshot of an ad that is violating multiple policies.  I can't include the link ID in the report because Ad Preview does not provide that info.  This is an injury/accident lawyer ad that only targets users in location of Charlotte NC, USA.

Thanks in advance!

Thankscambell_law.gif

2 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You could try using a VPN to change your location and then try to get the ad to pop up?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Try adding charlotte to your search query - worth a try

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

thanks guys

@Richard B  yes, but i've tried this for another issue in the past, and the one place that advertised a city vpn, it really wasn't. So i'm hesitant to pay a fee for this potentially not to work.

@RobSkelton I have. Interestingly enough, when I do that, most ads are for lawyers in my area.  This is a competitor I've analyzed pretty carefully, and pretty sure they have it set to in location only.

I think i just might call my client in Charlotte, walk them through copying the link and then emailing it to me. I know I might sound petty it being a competitor and all, but they are a continual bad actor, and I just want to keep a level playing field for my client and other rule following advertisers.