AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do you find ad groups without any eligible ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you find all ad groups within an account that have no active/eligible ads?

I have found the notifications button notifies me of empty ad groups, however I am not currently being notified of any empty ad groups but am aware of a number of ad groups within my account without any active ads?

Ideally I would like to find them all and solve it all together.

Any help is appreciated!

Rachel

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel H
January 2017

Re: How do you find ad groups without any eligible ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rachel,

Download all the campaigns in the AdWords editor >> Then go to the Ad Group tab filter with "items with warnings" under "item level filters. It will show you all the ad groups where there is no active ads.

AdWords Editor.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel H
January 2017

Re: How do you find ad groups without any eligible ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rachel,

Download all the campaigns in the AdWords editor >> Then go to the Ad Group tab filter with "items with warnings" under "item level filters. It will show you all the ad groups where there is no active ads.

AdWords Editor.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rachel

No ads means no impressions.

On tab all campaigns, click adgroups. Now, if you can see your all adgroups use a filter with condition: impressions <1. You will see all adgroups without impressions, now you can check them one by one.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Łukasz S, If a advertiser has newly created campaigns and missed to add the ads in some ad group. In this case, your your suggestion does not help him.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords Editor.png