AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I stop Adword sites from hijacking my photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've noticed a lot of my copyright photos that google has indexed now has a link to a lot of Adwords sites. I'd like to know how to fix this.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

AdWords is an advertising platform. It's not a site. If a site owner publishes your copyrighted content, you should contact the site owner directly;

Google will take action only if the ad format  or text (i.e the ad- copy)  violates trade names.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

Moshe is correct. 

Please note that if your images are on webpage somewhere, and you are using Google Chrome, you can right click on the image and pick to "search Google for image" and this will show you everywhere it is in use by other websites. You can then send each website a notice to remove the copyrighted image or pay X amount of dollars for a use licence. 

Most likely, a website operator is running AdWords and simply doing a image search for an image to use in their ad, which AdWords discourages. Credible advertisers only use images they have the rights to. Small businesses often do not realize this is not allowed. 

In essence, it is up to you to enforce the usage/rights of your digital property. 

All the Best,

James