AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I place a banner ad in youtube?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an existing keyword search ad, but want to start placing a small banner ad in youtube videos.  Those are those small banner ads that has an image and you usually press x to cancel it.  Pls advise me on the procedure.  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I place a banner ad in youtube?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Paul.

Those are ads (either text or image) targeting the Google Display Network, and more precisely youtube.com as placement.

This link should get you started: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456100?hl=en

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have done that procedure, putting the websites where I want my ads to appear, but it doesnt work.

I noticed unlike keyword search, there are no bids for manage placements.  I dont think that is possible.  Some big companies probably pay more and have a different access to the display network.  Lets say, if we talk in the millions etc. I am just trying to make a point.

Also, I noticed the sizes of the image ads in youtube are more rectangular.  The manage placement will not inform me that my image is the wrong size etc.  

So a lot of problems for me moving forward but willing to learnSmiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not quite, I've placed ads on youtube several times, and also have seen ads placed automatically on youtube.

You're talking about one website, youtube, right? Because you're mentioning "the websites ...". Is it one website alone we're talking about or do you want to target more than youtube?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Hi Calin. Yes there are other websites, but more particul...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin. Yes there are other websites, but more particular, youtube.

So how can I make sure its just youtube?  Should I delete the other websites from the manage placements page?

Thanks for your responseSmiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello, Paul.

You're welcome. Yes, if it's youtube alone you want, then you should not have any other placement in the managed placements list. Any website in that list may show your ad at any time, if there is more than one.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok.  So if I want it to appear in the other websites, I should leave it alone?

So the software should make my ad both appear in youtube and the other websites too right?

So I modified my campaigns and created a specific campaign for image ads.  I think I made the mistake of lumping up my keyword and image placement in one campaign.

How can I view it in a vid?  Like I said before, no placement bids in image ads.  

And how can I specify what target vids I want?

Kinda specific questions, so I hope you can help.  Tnx

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Paul, please have a look at this link: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704368 and maybe some others linked from it, it'll make it clear how you can target your ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin.

After modifying my ad groups, I tried viewing my status in managed placements under campaigns, and clicked on status.

I get the error message "Due to the quality of your ad or landing page, you are not receiving all available impressions."

So my image fits in the box, and I dont see any mistakes I could have done.  

Why do I get that message?  Is it because there are no data or no clicks yet?

Tnx again.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi, Paul.

Do you see other ads on the video page you are targeting? (btw, you can target the video URL alone, if you want).

You will not receive impressions immediately, it usually takes a few days before managed placements campaigns get up to speed.

Give it a few days, and see how things are going. And make sure that you have a budget / max CPC ratio which enables you to receive quite a handful of clicks. Ads may also not show if the budget can only accomodate a few clicks every day, in which case the system will pretty much pull the plug on your ads, because it cannot risk going more than 20% over your dailyl budget.