AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get certified by google to promote my sports picks page on adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I own a page where I provide users with betting tips. I sell these picks for money. I would like to promote this page on Adwords but was told that I need to be certified. How is that done? Can anyone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: How do I get certified by google to promote my sports picks page on adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Arkadi,

Please read through this policy page. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6018017?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: How do I get certified by google to promote my sports picks page on adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Arkadi,

Please read through this policy page. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6018017?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen and read this page. It's to vague ans many things just seem unclear. Seems that there are to many obstacles before acquiring a licence. I need to speak to someone that has actually done this before, and have that person guide me through the process.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Arkadi,

I highly doubt you will find someone willing to walk you through the process.  The reality is many folks before you have considered running ads for "gambling tips" and have not been approved.  Based on the policy, Google has taken a stance regarding gambling and they choose not to allow many instances of gambling related sites to advertise.

You can browse many previous threads where this topic has been explored here:  https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=gambling

-Tommy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You don't need to be certified to run a Google AdWords campaign, however, sports betting/gambling type websites are off limits on Google ppc- do a search of a keyword and you will not see any ppc ads for those types of sites.