AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get a suspended account restored?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Several years ago my AdWords account was suspended.  The suspension was based on an ad that Google approved and ran.  Then a couple of weeks later they sent an email telling me that the ad Google approved was in violation of some part of their policy (which they never identified), but that wound up getting my account suspended even after I disabled the ad.  It's not clear why Google left the ad up in the first place if it violated their policy, when they have to approve every single ad before allowing it to run on their network.

They claimed the suspension was for "major or repeated violations of their policy".  Is having your ad disapproved a policy violation?  That happened a couple of times, but other than that, I have no idea what they are talking about.  This was my first problem other than that.

When I contacted support, they told me I could get my account restored if I fixed the landing page.  The landing page was not mine, so I couldn't 'fix' it.

When I asked for specifics about what was wrong with the ad and why they approved it in the first place if it was a bad ad, I got no answer.

When I asked what it was about the landing page that needed to be 'fixed'. I got no answer.

Yet they told me I could get my account restored.  How?

Has anyone else managed to get through a similar situation?  I'd sure appreciate any insight you could offer.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get a suspended account restored?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike, sorry to hear about the suspension!  I would suggest one of your first steps would be to understand why you got suspended for in the first place so you avoid repeating the same error again.

As for lifting the suspension it will depend on the severity of the initial penalty,  in many cases Google will not lift suspensions yet there are exceptions.  My advice would be to COMPLETELY clean up your accounts and website to comply with Google and Google Adwords best practices.

Then contact Adwords and ask them to let you advertise again. 

Re: How do I get a suspended account restored?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

>>"When I contacted support, they told me I could get my account restored if I fixed the landing page.  The landing page was not mine, so I couldn't 'fix' it"

You must gain control over the landing page and fix it.  This is a long standing policy by Google. Without fixing the landing page you cannot appeal for un-suspension.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’