AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get a response from Google on my corrected, resubmitted ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad was disallowed because of the nature of my product (knives). Specifically, weapon type knives,e.g. switchblades, balisongs, etc. It was suggested in the detailed disallowal explanation that I either edit the ad or redirect my ad to a landing page that didn't advertise the offending knives. In my understanding, that would be a page with no mention of tactical knives (which I sell), balisong (ditto) or automatic, which I don't sell. I made the suggested corrections as far as the landing page and resubmitted my ad for approval. I've not heard from anyone at Google. I called Google support and tried to explain my situation to a CSR, but he was too busy repeating the policy of "no weapons allowed" to listen to what I had to say. What are my chances of getting a positive reply from Google?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get a response from Google on my corrected, resubmitted a

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael M;

The Rep was correct;

Any knife that is promoted or designed in a way that might  cause injury is not allowed.

The Policy is explicit and clear; - no exceptions.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’