AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get a response from Google on my corrected, resubmitted ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad was disallowed because of the nature of my product (knives). Specifically, weapon type knives,e.g. switchblades, balisongs, etc. It was suggested in the detailed disallowal explanation that I either edit the ad or redirect my ad to a landing page that didn't advertise the offending knives. In my understanding, that would be a page with no mention of tactical knives (which I sell), balisong (ditto) or automatic, which I don't sell. I made the suggested corrections as far as the landing page and resubmitted my ad for approval. I've not heard from anyone at Google. I called Google support and tried to explain my situation to a CSR, but he was too busy repeating the policy of "no weapons allowed" to listen to what I had to say. What are my chances of getting a positive reply from Google?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get a response from Google on my corrected, resubmitted a

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael M;

The Rep was correct;

Any knife that is promoted or designed in a way that might  cause injury is not allowed.

The Policy is explicit and clear; - no exceptions.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’