AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get Google to enforce their own Double Serving policy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I have an issue with a competitor double serving in my category.  Blatantly taking position one and two and with it a large majority of the market share.  Although the two sites have different brands, they offer the same products and customer journey and the ownership is very clear as this is a public company I'm talking about.

We have raised this with Google multiple times and they don't seem willing to enforce their own policy.  We are a reasonable customer of Google, spending approx $5 million per annum, but even this doesn't seem to be significant enough for us to be heard.

Are there any other official channels I can explore to have my case addressed?

Thanks in advance!

Ad

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get Google to enforce their own Double Serving policy?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adam,

My suggestion would be to fill up this form and let AdWords support investigate further the insights of what exactly is happening there:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1#ts=4578511

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Adam;

We, indeed,  have seen a recent increase in the number of  complaints about double serving. And the issue has been raised with Google for investigation. I agree that Google should tighten its enforcement on double serving;

Having said that, we also have seen cases in which "apparent" double serving, was (at the end of the investigation) not found as a violation. (The business entities were different though selling the same products.)

• Could you upload screenshots so we could see the case in question.
  • When did you report it ?(Double serving does take time to investigate)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the reply.

We reported it to our account manager several months ago and we haven't had a straight answer from them since.  They are also the account manager for the competitor, so we are unsure if the issue was ever escalated.

Cheers

Ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry the image didn't come through...
try this:

Cheers
Ad

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Adam;
There is apparently a bug which provides seeing the screenshot;
Could you link to the screenshot?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just did....cheers

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Which ones double serve?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The top 2 are....they are the one business with two brands.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Well... It seems that the merger is now complete and this is one business entity;
Google is very technical in defining a  business entity. It could be, that when you first filed the initial complaint, the merger was not finalized, and by Google's POV, at that time, those were (still) two business entities.
I would file a complaint, again, now,