AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How do I create an ad for a Spotify link that will be approved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can´t seem to get my ads for Spotify to be approved.

The long link for example: http://open.spotify.com/album/5Ut9vcnRWX1Dkf44uz9ZPR

the display URL can´t be "open.spotify.com" and not use any shortener or the long correct version.

Not sure how to go around this!
Cheers,

Andreas

Re: How do I create an ad for a Spotify link that will be approved?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Andreas,

What's the disapproval reason given? (you can see this by hovering over the bubble in the status column of your Ads tab)

Ken

Re: How do I create an ad for a Spotify link that will be approved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its´resolved now, "open.spotify.com" actually redirects to "play.spotify.com", that was the issue!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got banner ads targeting a Spotify artist, but I am getting zero impressions despite putting a bid much higher than the recommended.  

In the placements, when I hover over the bid amount part, it says "ads not showing".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Did you able solve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No the issue has not been solved.  When I called the customer service of GoogleAdwords, somebody with an Indian accent answers that has no idea what Spotify is.   Then they said, that if Spotify doesn't appear in the site search, then it cannot be used.

But I doubt the guy has any idea of what he is saying.

Then I created another banner ad campaign trying to direct visitors to a spotify song, I wanted to promote, and they flagged it for "copyright" ???!!!  Saying I don't have permission to promote compyrighted content.  I submitted a form and they were still not satisfied.

Very annoying.