AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How can the same ad I used last week and for years be Disapproved!?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can the same ad I used last week and for years be Disapproved!?

My legal trademarked name is all capital and now they say I cannot use my business name in my ad?

Say What.

Disguised with it all...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can the same ad I used last week and for years be Disapproved!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now they put me in a chat and no one is even there to respond. I run a business and do not just sit at a keyboard all day. Wow.
I pay good money for this?
Anyone else having problems with communicating with them.
They took my money in 15 sec...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Robert,

Too bad you're having difficulty - sorry to hear that.

Can you give more details? I.e. what exact word are you trying to use that is now being disapproved?

As a general piece of advice - Google has many policies which have either not always been strictly enforced, or, your ad just happened to bypass review at the time of posting (especially if it's years old). But more often than not they will eventually catch violations of policy retrospectively and disapprove it. In other words, sometimes just because you've been able to run the past it doesn't mean Google thought it was OK - thye just hadn't caught up to it yet.

As a general rule Google has never liked excessive capitalization in ads, or accronyms, or anything that isn't proper grammer to be honest.

But if your brand and trademark is all caps in reality then I'm sure you can put your case forward. How far have you gotten with efforts to that effect? Have you spoken to support on the phone?

Thanks,

Jack
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Robert,

I suggest you call them - it's quicker than waiting for live chat or email replies if your ads are down and it's urgeny.

Support: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

You may also want to file a complaint about your trademark here and then you can see about getting the CAPS version approved for your specific account only:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562124?hl=en
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+