AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How can I view a list of accounts authorized to use my trademark?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering if there is a way to view a list of the adwords account that I've authorized to use my trademark.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zachary B
September 2015

Re: How can I view a list of accounts authorized to use my trademark?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well.. That depends. There are two options here: 

1. If you authorized the usage of the trademark, you should have a copy of the authorization form.
  2. However; for resellers targeting the US, UK, Ireland and Canada this authorization form is not required as long as they meet the criteria set by Google.

So, if the case "falls under" #1: you should keep records of the forms you submitted to Google.  If you think an advertiser was not authorized - you could file a complaint.

If this is option #2: I don't think Google discloses this info. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for responding so quickly. Unfortunately this case falls under #1 and multiple people were adding accounts and no central list seems to have been kept. I certainly agree that a list should have been kept, but I've been tasked with picking up the pieces.
Is there a way of getting from Google the current list of account's we've authorized or do we need to rebuild it on our end?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Try to contact Google's trademark legal team at:

ads-trademarks@google.com

OR

Google Inc.
Attn: Advertising Legal Support Team
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

OR

Our facsimile number: 1-650-649-1774
Attn: Google Trademark Complaints

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In case anyone else finds this looking for an answer to this question I e-mailed Google's trademark legal team and they responded that it is the responsibility of the authorizing party to keep records of who they had authorized and that they could not provide a list.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Zachary;

Thanks for updating.