AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How can I trust that the ad words preview is really true

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was advised that I may not see my ad when i do a search from my computer.   That said how can I trust that the preview in tools is truely posting the ad

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How can I trust that the ad words preview is really true

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Kirk A;

The answer is yes. The ad preview tool does not store cookies on your machine, hence simulates the ads shown as if you were  a random user, without any "customization".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Kirk A;

The answer is yes. The ad preview tool does not store cookies on your machine, hence simulates the ads shown as if you were  a random user, without any "customization".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kirk,

The ad preview tool shows you a preview of your ad in a way they would appear on the search network. This tool helps you to see ad previews without garnering any impressions that you would incur while searching for your ad on google search. It also tells you the reason your ad isnt showing at the moment (case basis).

To assure you, Google doesnt falsify ad previews.

Regards

Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have several ip address's and while looking at my ad as it is supposed to appear in tools i do a search on another computer and it does not find my add on any of the first 3 pages. Tools says it is displayed page 1 and 2nd listing. Have done this many times, at different times of day. Impressions are good information but one or two searches by me at my own add is nothing compared to the value of knowing you see what the customer see,s when searching. I have yet to see the value of Google ad words. When I ask customer service about this it is beyond thier pay grade. My Ad is very simple and I have only 5 competitors yet they appear when my ad does not even though tools says it is avaliable. I have only one key word yet thier ads appear when I enter it from another IP address not this one.
There seem to so many things that I cannot do and yet so many I can do but have no need for them. I am a small business not a marketing expert. I need to spend my time on the things that make me money not some thing that changes every day.