AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How can I report a company that is double serving ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a competitor clearly running adds for the same products trying block competitive ads from the top spots - how do I go about reporting this? 

thx j

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay M
September 2015

Re: How can I report a company that is double serving ads

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Jay,
You can use this form: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1
This goes directly to the Policy team for review.
Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay M
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Jay,
You can use this form: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1
This goes directly to the Policy team for review.
Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, I've first called Google and then I have reported the same competitor's "double serving" violation twice via the submission form in the link you provided. The violation is crystal clear, there's only one company with the same name in the entire state, yet this company is running two campaigns with different destination URL's.

How long should I expect to wait before I see Google take some action?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi RJ,
If this has been reported multiple times, it may be that this company is actually not gaining an unfair advantage. Consider what is being advertised and if they are advertising different parts of their business, or different products.

Kathleen

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same company with two different Adwords campaigns yet with two different websites. I ASSURE YOU this company is double serving.

Same LOGO's
Same Keywords
Both campaigns displaying ad for the same keyword at the same time.

I can assure you this company is gaining an unfair advantage by blocking out competitors..

Keyword: "Boise Plumbers" resulted in two ads for the same company displaying in position 2 & 3.

Regards,

RJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did anything ever come of your report?

How can I report a company that is double serving ads

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2014.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.