AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get my AdWords accoutn unsuspended?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My AdWords account was recently suspended without warning.  I just got a message when I logged in that said "Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

I contacted phone support to ask why it was suspended, but they didn't know the reason.  They started an investigation and then sent a generic email a week later.  Here is the email:

After looking into your account we have discovered that you sites are in violation of our User Safety policies. I've actually included some links from our help page dealing with User Safety and Advertiser Claims. Please take the time to read over these articles and make the proper adjustments to your site. Once done you can reply to this e-mail and we can re-review your sites.

I was advertising and making money with 1 site, and then created ads for 2 other sites that are still under construction.  I set the campaigns for those other 2 sites to "paused" so that ads would not run.  It was after that that my account was suspended.

He never told me which sites had the problems, so I'm not sure which to fix.  Here are my 3 sites:

**EDIT Site links removed

I suspect they may have a problem with my aquaponic site, but I'm not sure if I need to change anything on the other ones.  I want to make sure I fix everything before resubmitting for aproval because I don't want to get permanently suspended for repeat violations.

How do I know which sites need to be fixed?

And

Why did he only say my sites violated the User Safety policy, but then include a link to the Advertiser Claims policy?  Does that mean my ads are in violation too?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How can I get my AdWords accoutn unsuspended?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Based on the links that you and our support team has provided, a suggestion would be to look through all of your sites for some common User Safety issues:

1. Is the customer able to purchase the product? Is your shopping cart down or going to a 404 page?
  2. Make it clear to users what your business does and how it works. For example, display on your site your company name, physical address, contact information, prices, or other important details about your company.
  3. Make sure that your sites display any relevant disclaimers or announcements that may be required by local law. For example, certain types of financial service providers may need to include specific text per governmental regulations.
  4. Don't make misleading claims. Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims. For example, don't promote "get rich quick" programs.

Here is more information regarding our User Saftey Policy. Let us know if you have additional questions. 

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Dave,

I have reached out to our support team using the links you have provided. It looks as if you have already been in contact with them. They are really the best people to handle this for your privacy and protection in the public forum. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was asking here because I didn't get any info from them on which site had the issue, so I thought someone with more experience here could let me know.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Based on the links that you and our support team has provided, a suggestion would be to look through all of your sites for some common User Safety issues:

1. Is the customer able to purchase the product? Is your shopping cart down or going to a 404 page?
  2. Make it clear to users what your business does and how it works. For example, display on your site your company name, physical address, contact information, prices, or other important details about your company.
  3. Make sure that your sites display any relevant disclaimers or announcements that may be required by local law. For example, certain types of financial service providers may need to include specific text per governmental regulations.
  4. Don't make misleading claims. Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims. For example, don't promote "get rich quick" programs.

Here is more information regarding our User Saftey Policy. Let us know if you have additional questions. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi