AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How can I close my google Adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I close my account?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

How can I close my google Adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don´´t the resturent anymore but I did not close my account in google Adword, how can do that?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How can I close my google Adwords account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you want to close your Google AdWords Account, follow the steps:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
  2. From the My account tab at the top of the page, select Preferences
  3. In the "Account Cancellation" section, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.
  4. Fill out all the available fields and click Submit Request. This will cancel your account.  

Remember You can not delete your Google AdWords Account. You only can CANCEL it and in future if you wish to continue you can re-activate your account at any time.

Regards,

Anand

Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Norraligarden,

Welcome to the community

if you want to cancel your adword account just go through this process

• sign in to your adword account
  • Go to My Account > Preferences 
  • Find the "Account Cancellation" at the bottom of the page 
  • Click on "cancel this Account"

and follow the instructions

Cancellation of account does not delete your account permanently.you can reactivate it and access the data of your account at any point of time.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is stupid, I should be able to close my account so I can associate another account with my email address. Now I am locked to that old account forever.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi All,

If you wish to remove your email address from an AdWords account to use it on another account this is possible. As an AdWords account will always need at least one Administrator, you'll need to first add a new admin (create a new gmail email address) to your account. Once that is done, you can log in with this new admin and "Terminate Access" for your original email address. Now your original email address will be free to start a new account. 

If you are going to be managing multiple accounts, you might want to consider using a My Client Center account - which is like a shell account, that holds multiple AdWords accounts within it and allows you to have access to multiple accounts through one central log in. 

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This only works if you are willing to enter your billing information and start a campaign with your new account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please cancel my account. Thank you!

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Added: Please note that no one in this Community is able to cancel an AdWords account. Please see this page for instructions on how an AdWords advertiser may be do this.

Thank you.